Saturday, October 13, 2012

Psychics & Mediums… Some of Them Aren’t That Medium.


In the wacky world of the supernatural and paranormal there are those people who believe they have a connection to “the other side” and no I don’t mean Canada or Mexico. That’s right, if you have been living under a rock for most of your life, there are people who believe they can communicate to the dead or predict the future. Now how awesome of a superpower would that be to posses that ability? Forget super strength or lightning fast speed, with the ability to talk to the dead and/or predict the future; the possibilities are limitless. Now I know there are people out there who either think those who can either predict the future or talk to the dead are complete scam artists and then there are those people that believe in this gift 100%. Where do I stand on this issue? Well at one point in my life I sided with those who completely believed and then later in my life I turned into one of those who thought they were a complete and total sham. However I sit here today typing my thoughts trying to figure out where I now stand on this topic.

Let’s begin with the name mediums, I have seen these people and I don’t think they have been a medium size in years, but that’s my opinion. The definition of a medium is “someone who serves as an intermediary between the living and the dead”, so essentially these people are what the catholic priests are between you and God, which I have an issue with, but that’s another rant for later. However back to the land of the scam artists aka psychics, these people pray on the innocence of people and their desire to want to talk loved ones who have passed on into the afterlife. This is absolutely disgusting, to want to make money off of people and their fragile emotions. There has never been true evidence that these so called intermediaries between the living and the dead can actually come through with what they promise. Many people have tested these scam artists and each time the scam artists have failed and fallen flat on their faces. To read more into this please check out James Randi and his organization. He puts up one million dollars for anyone with a true gift to take so long as they perform in a controlled environment. And you know what? Not a single one of these people have come forward or been able to successfully get the million dollars. The ones who have TV shows and made tons of cash already say they don’t need to prove themselves…well don’t they have a charity they could donate the money too or wouldn’t they want to put all speculation to rest? I guess not.

As for psychics, they fall in the same realm of mediums and while they don’t claim to talk to the dead they do claim to have the ability to look into the future. Come on now really? All I have to say to that is if you could do that then why have you not played the lottery? Or how come you have never come forward about major events that could have saved peoples lives? I actually asked these and more questions to a few psychics and you know what the typical standard go to answer was…”It is not my place to interfere with fate”. Really? So you can charge $5 for a palm reading or $10 to gaze into your crystal ball and tell me about the future, but you can’t save people’s lives…oh yeah that makes complete sense.

All I ask is that you don’t give into these fakes and phonies, they are only preying upon your weak emotions and don’t really care about your future or your dead relatives. Life is way too short to worry about the past and you have all the time in the world to worry about the future. Live your life to the fullest and you will see that happiness is its own reward…thank you fortune cookie.

Be safe and medium? HA more like extra extra large,
Jon Bolton


No comments:

Post a Comment