Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ghosts of the dark deep sea. (Updated)


There are many tales of the sea, some like the most famous being the Flying Dutchman or the lighthouse keeper who continues to shine the way for lost travelers to even the woman who lost her love and now waits on the rocky shore for her beloved to sail home. Heck there are even three movies that Disney put out about Pirates and Supernatural sea stories that surround them. Now, I bring this up because while we know full well about ghosts of the sea, what about ghosts of the deep?

First off let’s look at the definition of a ghost:  A ghost - or spirit or apparition - is the energy, soul or personality of a person who has died and has somehow gotten stuck between this plane of existence and the next. Most researchers believe that these spirits do not know they are dead. Very often they have died under traumatic, unusual or highly emotional circumstances. Ghosts can be perceived by the living in a number of ways: through sight (apparitions), sound (voices), smell (fragrances and odors), touch - and sometimes they can just be sensed.

Now I think that is an operational definition that we can all agree on as being a good explanation of what a ghost is. So now that we have that out of the way and we pick apart this definition let’s take a look at where it says that a ghost is someone who has died under traumatic, unusual or highly emotional circumstances. What could be more traumatic than seeing a Japanese dive bomber plummeting into the side of a ship and sinking it to the bottom of the sea? What could be any more highly emotional than watching waves and waves of Japanese fighters and bombers destroying the docks at Pearl Harbor knowing you and your fellow soldiers are unprepared for such a massive attack? And that’s is just the tip of the iceberg, this doesn’t include submarine disasters and other ship sinking’s such as the R.M.S. Titanic.

I am talking about ghost hunting underwater, that’s right I said it, ghost hunting underwater. Now before you decide to try and commit me, hear me out and open your mind for a second. If such traumatic events can happen both on the land and on the sea, then what makes it so absurd that it can’t happen underwater? For all the ship, submarines and planes that have been lost out at sea what is to make you think it couldn’t happen?

Now obviously you can’t do normal EVP work under the sea but you can use sonar or put a audio recorder in a water proof bag and take it down with you. The theory is the same that there may be something that appears on the recording because if the ghost doesn’t want you there it will tell you, just as it would if you were anywhere else. As well you can do the same as it applies to a k-2 meter, just simply put it into a waterproof bag or I’m sure there are some highly expensive underwater k-2 meters as well.

Now I have brought this up to many people, both scuba divers and ghost hunters and very rarely have I run into someone who didn’t think I was out of my mind until after I explained it to them. Why is it so absurd? If you look at some fundamental aspects in relation to the conductivity of water and electricity this theory starts to make a bit more sense. Water can conduct electricity we all know that, so why is it such a stretch of the imagination that electricity can be attached to something underwater?

In my research I have found one place that actually has taken on the challenge of underwater ghost hunting. They implement sonar technology for collecting evp’s as well as underwater video and digital cameras. Now I am not sure if they got as far as emf’s, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they are currently working on it.

Well I think I am going to have to try some stuff out the next time I go diving, I just have to make sure the equipment isn’t going to implode as the pressure crushes it to death. I guess we will see, and as always you are welcome to dispute my reasoning, but you can’t so you won’t

Be safe and take swimming lessons,
John Cannon


No comments:

Post a Comment